The 1975 are the type of band to me where I don't exactly remember when I started listening to them, but I also can't imagine not listening to them now so accepting the fact I was going to see them live made me so excited I cannot put it into words.
As well as seeing a new band, I also got to a new place as I had never been to or even heard of the Alexandra Palace (apart from the worlds biggest hill) the place itself was absolutely beautiful. The view of London as we stood in the queue was very picturesque and definitely added to my excitement knowing that I was hours away from seeing The 1975 live.
"This songs about me so shut up, where's my wine??"
We all get that post concert depression where you feel emotional and just want to be back there when you're sat in your room listening to their album and you hear that certain song that brings back all of the memories of that night. Whoever the band or artist is, we all get that feeling! For me I feel it most when I listen to The City, M.O.N.E.Y, Robbers and Me.
Before Me, Matty told us all to put our phones and cameras away and just listen to the song. I love it when artists/bands bring everything back to reality after the crowd have been singing, shouting and screaming. It just makes the atmosphere completely change into something more calming and simplistic - it captivates the crowd to allow to get entirely lost in the moment and something about it is so magical.
// I don't wanna be your friend, i wanna kiss your neck //
During Fallingforyou - this was the only one I recorded as I was just in awe of their performance, the atmosphere of the crowd and obviously singing my heart out until I lost my voice. One of the things I loved most about the concerts was that it was just 2 hours of just them and the crowd. Apart from their black and white atheistic and smoke machine, there was no set, extra dancers etc - just The 1975, their fans and the music.
The last picture is what my friend who was closer took, unlike all the other pictures being in black and white I really liked the lighting in this picture and how the stage lights, smoke machine and their light frames created atmosphere and setting to the night. I also really liked the shadows the camera and lights created, with people's hands and cameras in the air.
// it's just you and I tonight, why don't you figure my heart out //
I can honestly say these concerts were some of the best days of my life, I could not fault a thing. So as I sit here listening to their album and wearing my 'Heart Out' t-shirt all I can ask is.. // is it the same for you? //
I also really enjoyed writing this post as music is a massive part of my life, let me know if you'd like to see more music type posts and I hope you enjoyed reading this! :-)
Leigh-Ann x




ahhh i hope to see them some day! I love their music!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I nominated you for a Sisterhood of the world blogger award! Here is the link! :D http://taniagarcialozano.blogspot.com/2014/11/sisterhood-of-world-blogger-award.html