Pages

Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Garnier Skincare

As you may have guessed from the title, I am going to be discussing my skincare routine featuring products from Garnier. This simple routine would be perfect for those just getting into skincare routines (obviously adjusting to your skin type) or those just looking for a few new products to try.



A quick back-story of my skin type: 
Around the age of 12 to 13, I developed combination/oily skin and also acne. Throughout the years I have tried numerous amounts of different products targeted at acne prone or oily skin. I will say that most of these products did help my skin to some extent, otherwise their products would be misleading. However, I find that my skin adjusts to things very quickly so if I found a routine that would work, it would be likely that my skin would eventually get used to the products and return to its old oily self. After  four years of dealing with this skin type, I have finally gotten older and my skin has calmed down. I can finally and confidently say that I don't feel like my skin is 'acne prone'. Of course I still get spots, EVERYONE does, but I feel like it's much more controlled. Because my skin is finally calming down, I choose to keep my skin care very simple. I don't want to put a load of products on my skin and cause it to return to it's old self. I had never tried many products from Garnier, even though I have always heard good things, so I decided to give their skincare a go!



Step 1 - Cleanse: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water £4.99
Last year was the start of Micellar cleansing waters, with the most popular being Bioderma. I never joined this bandwagon, but when I saw Garnier's own version was released, I decided to see what the hype was about. Since using this at the beginning of the year I have needed any other make up removers and I finally understand all of the fuss! It is very gentle on the skin and removes all make up (including eye make up), along with any impurities on your face. It claims to be suitable for sensitive skin, which I agree with. I am totally in love with this and I pray that it is never discontinued! 
Step 2 - Tone: Gariner Simply Essentials Toner £2.99
I never really understood the importance of toning your face. But I did a bit of research, and without getting too technical, toners simply remove any left over make up or impurities, leaving your skin soothed and refreshed. The Garnier toner is again suitable for sensitive skin, and I found that it doesn't strip you skin at all, but leaves it feeling clean, 'as it's enriched with lily extract - for it's soothing properties'. It also contains no perfume, alcohol or colorants, meaning that it does it job and is also gentle on the skin. At £2.99 how could you go wrong!
Step 3 - Moisturise: Moisture Match: Combination to Oily Skin £5.99
Finding the right moisturiser for my skin has always proven a difficult task as I always find that they never sit right with my skin - they are always either too oily or too drying! I was intrigued at Garnier's new moisturiser range, 'Moisture Match', with five different options suiting all different skin types. I obviously choose the combination to oily version, as it claims to leave your skin 'feeling beautifully smooth and mattified all day/ you can feel the difference.' I agree with this 100%! In addition to being oily, I think that my skin was also dehydrated to some extent. Since I've been using this moisturiser, I have found that my skin just looks more healthy and hydrated. I also love that the product is not too thick for my skin and doesn't leave it 'overly oily'. 
Let me know in the comments what your favourite skincare products are!
Leigh-Ann Stevi x 






No comments:

Post a Comment