Pages

Wednesday, 9 July 2014

#beautydaysofsummer Summer Eyes

Welcome back! As you can see from the title this weeks post is all about summer eyes!

As far as eyeshadow is concerned I am all about nude/gold eyes as I admit colour scares me (or turning into a colourful clown) but this year I wanted to be brave and try too add a little colour to my eyeshadow looks. My biggest inspiration was from one of my all time favourite Youtubers  ViviannaDoesMakeup as she added colour in a subtle but wearable way, in this video.

To help me achieve my summer eyes, I have re-discovered my love for the Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl eyeliners they're so beautifully pigmented and great value for money at £5



NAMES // Superblack, Cocoa Bean, Aquabat, Blue My Mind, Grapevine

The brown and black shades are the ones I've used the most so far on an everyday(ish) basics but I am setting myself the challenge to use a little colour every now and again this summer. With the colour of my eyes being green, I feel like the purple shade will complement my eyes the most by taking inspiration from vdm and using it to create a wing liner look. I think that I will reach for the turquoise and blue shades and use these as inner corner highlights because if like me you're a little scared of using bold colours, applying it to small amounts of your eyes will help you achieve something different!

Are you confident with using colourful shadows?

If you'd like to read more about these eyeliners you can read about them here

Leigh-Ann x 

4 comments:

  1. ooh I love the colours, I'm also such a sucker for Soap & Glory packaging - it's just so prettty!! ^v^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty and pigmented, I think my addiction to their products started from my love of their packaging!x

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love bright and colourful makeup! I do sometimes wear neutrals but I tend to feel that if I'm going to wear makeup I'm going to go all out ;P

    ~Becca // rjtmisti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the complete opposite! I wish I had your confidence for bright colours!x

      Delete